Sunday 7 April 2013

New Life, New Light, New Starts

The warm weather seems to be taking its time to arrive.  The snow doesn't want to stop falling from the sky here, but we have passed equinox and the light has come back and that makes quite a difference at 63 degrees north.  
Our next big holiday is the 17th of May. It is to Norway what 4th of July is to the USA.  I affectionately refer to it as Norway's National Cosplay Day, because of their colourful tradition of wearing national costume, called the Bunad.  Each region has its own.
I'm planning on making some of these to decorate. 
Standard Pinwheels
Slightly fancier variety
I have even seen them attached to straws for a bit of flair on the picnic table.
Matching bunting might be a nice touch as well.
I am hoping that we will be seeing more signs of Spring up here.  Cleaning up in the garden, and getting moss off the roof will be easier if it warms up a bit.  
What will you be planting in your garden this year?  Have you started your seedlings, yet?  I have a new garden bed planned for just below my kitchen window on my West-facing wall.  It's time for something pretty, practical and sweet-smelling for that space.  Last fall, I started making a small patio area at my East-facing doorstep.  It will be a lovely spot to sit in the morning sun during the summer.  


image from apartment therapy

photo-credit

                          It is rather difficult at the moment to think of sipping coffee in the sun when there are serious snow flurries outside.  I'll keep thinking warm thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment