Friday 16 October 2020

 


Weird reflective post from me this morning. I think I'm coming down with a little cold. Imagine that. Feeling sick, but being relieved at the same time. We are living in strange times. Meanwhile, my son is turning 16 next month. He's almost half way through his first year of electrician school. He comes home and he tells me about concepts I've taught him about physics related to practical application he's learning at school. I can see how excited he gets with connecting the dots. 3 phase motors was yesterday's talk, that evolved into 'how would we convert the house to be powered by wind and solar if there was a zombie apocalypse and then silliness.' I love that he is able to take his understanding of the basics of magnetism and electricity and not only see and understand the wonder of the physical world around him, but get excited about it, learning about some of the basic practical applications. I think I created an anomaly; a dissident, a subversive insurgent of the most dangerous kind. I think my son is a scientist.


No comments:

Post a Comment